GMS Library Closure:
The library will be closed for book exchange on June 9th. All student library books need to be returned by June 15th. Notes will be sent home after that date with a replacement cost fee for lost books. Classrooms with zero missing books will be entered in a draw for a class prize!
“The research is clear that children who don't read during the summer can lose up to three months of reading progress and that loss has a cumulative, long-term effect.”
How can parents encourage reading over the summer:
· Regina Public Library: library programs, TD Summer Reading Program
· Online Resources: Tumblebooks or Overdrive (free on the Regina Public Library website), anyone with RAZ Kids account
· Garage sale books
· Have a Reading Challenge with friends and neighbours
· Pack a book in your backpack, sports bag or car
· Read different types of text (magazines, newspapers, e-books, novels, recipes, informational books, etc)
Remember to READ, READ, READ!!